For more information about the program, please visit the National Youth Science Camp's web site at http://www.nysc.org.
APPLICATIONS for 2016 National Youth Science Camp ARE NOW OPEN!
NYSC Application Deadline: February 17, 2016 at 6:00pm Eastern Standard Time
For the 2016 NYSC, to be eligible to attend:
- You must be a resident of one of the United States, the District of Columbia, or one of the countries chosen to participate.
- If you are a resident of the United States, then you must graduate from high school between July 1, 2015, and June 30, 2016.
- If you are a resident of one of the countries selected, then you must be between 16 and 18 years of age on July 1, 2016, have strong skills in spoken English, and be eligible for a J1 Visa to enter the United States. Do not apply for a J1 Visa at this time; if selected, the U.S. Embassy in your country will provide assistance.
- You must have documented superior academic proficiency, including recognition in mathematics or the sciences.You must have documented leadership abilities and social maturity through involvement in school or community activities.
- You must have documented skills and achievements outside the realm of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and outside the realm of academia.
- You must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore many and varied topics.
- You must intend to pursue higher education and a career in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics related field.
- You must be willing and able to participate in the entire National Youth Science Camp program. The 2016 NYSC plans to operate from June 15 through July 10, 2016.
Note: The following states do not currently use the Online Application, more information will be forthcoming on how to be considered:
Florida: State Science and Engineering Fair : March 29 - 31, 2016
Georgia: March 31 - April 2, 2016
Massachusetts: May 6-7, 2016
Kansas: Paper Application
To apply: (please read follow these instructions carefully for full consideration),
- Officials in each state/country decide whether they will use the online NYSC Application or an alternative selection process (a state science fair, for example). Contact John Giroir, NYSC Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-205-9724.
- A List of Selection Corrdinator contacts will be added as they are confirmed.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information.
There is no guarantee or obligation for an incomplete application to be considered by any selection committee, regardless of the reason it is incomplete. It is your responsibility to confirm that you have completed all aspects of the application and that the person writing your letter of recommendation has been notified of your request and then they must upload it to the site. Only then, you may make your final confirmation to submit your completed application."