For more information about the program, please visit the NYSCamp's web site at http://www.nysc.org. More information about the organization that raises support for NYSCamp, the National Youth Science Foundation, visit http://www.nysf.com
APPLICATIONS plan to open on November 1, 2017 for the 2018 National Youth Science Camp. Application Deadline is to be Wednesday, February 28, 2018. This program is for graduating high school seniors in the United States (Two each from every state and Washington, D.C.) and students 16-18 years of age in selected other countries (see below). NYSCamp 2018 dates are to be determined, but generally begin in June and end in July, lasting about 3.5 weeks. The NYSCamp dates are tentatively set for June 27 - July 21, 2018.
TO APPLY: Go to Bottom or Right of this Page and Select "Sign Up" or "Login with Facebook", "Sign in twitter" or "Log in with Linkedin" to access the Online Application. Once you have created an account, you will be able to login to begin your application and then access it at whichever point you have saved it.
For the 2018 NYSCamp, to be eligible to attend:
- You must be a resident of one of the United States, the District of Columbia, or one of the countries chosen to participate.
- If you are a resident of the United States, then you must graduate from high school between July 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018.
- If you are a resident of one of the countries (to be determined), then you must be between 16 and 18 years of age on July 1, 2018, have strong skills in spoken English, and be eligible for a J1 Visa to enter the United States. Do not apply for a J1 Visa at this time; if selected, the U.S. Embassy in your country will provide assistance. Also, DO NOT apply through this online portal, your application may not be considered. Contact email@example.com for contact with the appropriate process for your Country.
- You must have documented superior academic proficiency, including recognition in mathematics or the sciences.You must have documented leadership abilities and social maturity through involvement in school or community activities.
- You must have documented skills and achievements outside the realm of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and outside the realm of academia.
- You must demonstrate a curiosity and an eagerness to explore many and varied topics.
- You must intend to pursue higher education and a career in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics related field.
- You must be willing and able to participate in the entire NYSCamp program. The 2018 NYSCamp dates are tentatively June 27 - July 21, 2018.
Note: As of January 1, 2015, the following states DO NOT currently use the Online Application, see links below for additional information on their process or contact John Giroir, NYSC Director, firstname.lastname@example.org:
Florida: State Science and Engineering Fair : March 27-29, 2018
Florida 2017 Information / Application:
Georgia: March 22 - 24, 2018
Georgia 2017 Information / Application:
Massachusetts: May 4-5, 2018
To apply: (please read follow these instructions carefully for full consideration),
Posted January 1, 2015: "If you are having any technical difficulty with any aspect of submitting your information or your teacher/mentor submitting their letter of recommendation, please immediately contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. If we are not aware of your issue before the deadline and the the appropriate selection committee is not notified in time, your application may not be considered.
There is no guarantee or obligation for an incomplete application to be considered by any selection committee, regardless of the reason it is incomplete. It is your responsibility to confirm that you have completed all aspects of the application and that the person writing your letter of recommendation has been notified of your request and then they must upload it to the site. Only then, you may make your final confirmation to submit your completed application."
TO APPLY: Go to Bottom or Right of this Page and Select "Sign Up" or "Login with Facebook", "Sign in twitter" to access the Online Application. Once you have created an account, you will be able to login to begin your application and then access it at whichever point you have saved it.